Monday, June 7, 2010

~The Maze of Bones~

-by Rick Riordan

Book One of The 39 Clues.

I read this before Catching Fire, so don't think that's why I didn't like it.

Yeah, I didn't like it. I was expecting more of something like Percy Jackson, I guess. I should stop expecting, I guess.

I liked the idea of it, though. I'd love to go to Paris and research Benjamin Franklin. Oh, what fun I would have, stopping at all of the bakeries and pastry shops along the way. :)

But I know that the book (and series) is meant for younger kids, so I will give it that. It was entertaining, and I did like the plot, it was just the immature joking around that I didn't like.

It wasn't bad or anything, but I was wanting, expecting for it to be more like a mix between Heist Society and the Olympians. The adventure that takes you all over the world (or just to Paris), and it is in the hands of two young siblings, and one overacting babysitter.

But then I am told they get better after the third book by a very smart little cookie in gold wired glasses named Jack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah, they definitly get better as the series moves along.
The kids "grow up" pretty quick in just two weeks (that's the time period for the first 9) They drop the immature stuff and it feels like these things might have actualy happened.
Oh, I know which branch they so . . . and I guessed it.