Saturday, August 21, 2010

~The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time~

-by Mark Haddon

Good:
-British:)
-Interesting plot
-Different

Bad:
-Not well written
-Swearing
-Overall morals

I really didn't like it. I don't think I like any books the school assigns for us. Maybe I was a little biased, but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't have not liked it this much.

Putting aside everything I disliked about it, it was very interesting. The main character is very math-oriented, and gives details for everything. It helps you draw a picture in your mind what he was seeing. The fact that the main character was Autistic was also very different. You actually understand why he reacts to different things the way he does when you read his perspective on things. It was actually very logical. But I still didn't like it.

Everyone in my class thought it was good, though. I was the only one who did not. I told them they don't read good books. They laughed. Haha. Twilight doesn't count.

And, no. The picture is not upside down.

No comments: