Tuesday, November 9, 2010

sunshine, won't you be my mother?


The worst part about getting an new book-yes, there is actually a worst part-is when you have to stop reading it but have no bookmark. You started it in excitement without thinking about stoping, so naturally, you didn't think of something to hold your place.

During my summer vacation, there was this lovely time during the day when I took a book outside and sat down to read. Unfortunately, I had to stop, and of course I didn't bring a bookmark. But, oh look, there's a tree. Yes, I'll just take this one leaf, if you don't mind.

I've had the leaf pressed in many different pages in many different books. But it has gotten to the point of cracking and crumpling. And then there are these little pieces of leaf on my carpet and on my desk. And sometimes they get in the space between the pages where they stick there because your finger doesn't fit. So you shake the book frantically and get frustrated when you get part of it out but then it breaks. Yes, I have plenty of experience with this, why do you ask? ;)

Well, I've had enough of the book-shaking and have decided this cracking and crumpling has got to stop. It served me well, and I even got complimented on being creative when someone spotted the leaf. I had to take a picture of it before I let it go however, but then I put it in the palm of my hand and crushed it-never again would it torment me inbetween pages.

No comments: