Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Last Supper

Over the next four days, I am going to post about the Easter season. Or rather, I am drawing a picture to represent each day. Today is The Last Supper, so this is the picture I drew:



In case you don't know, this is what communion in our church looks like. The tiny grape juice cup that is never even half way full, and the round cracker with the cross that always breaks before the pastor says, "Let us eat together".

Since quizzing this year was over Luke, I felt compelled to use this version of the story:

Luke 22:14-20

14. When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table.
15. And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.
16. For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."
17. After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you.
18. For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."
19. And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."
20. In the same way, after the supper he took the cup saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."

No comments: