Saturday, May 22, 2010

my first broken guitar string

I want to get a Polaroid this summer. They make me happy for some reason. :)

It just makes me happy thinking about summer. I only have two days left; half days, at that.

I am starting to create a list of all the things that I want to do during the two months of freedom. And, I have the list of the fiction books I plan on finishing!

The Hunger Games (started already)
Criss Cross (still on hold at the library)
A Curse Dark as Gold
Leepike Ridge (started already)
Only the Good Spy Young *(and a re-read of the previous three with my cousin!)
Where the Red Fern Grows (yeah, I know.)
A Wrinkle in Time

I know that I will probably read more fiction, but the last time I made a goal of reading a bunch of books, it never got finished. So as soon as I finish these, I will create another list.

And, I will be on a schedule the entire time this summer so I don't waste any minute.

Oh, and just because I wanted to clarify the post title, I did break my guitar string, and I am having difficulty because I have a great idea for another song, but my E and Em sound the same! Ha ha, I am going to the store this week though to get all new strings and a better capo, so it will all be good soon. :)

*Listening to Only Hope. The Mandy Moore version, though. Not Switchfoot. Sorry, but I like that one better. :/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Summer reading! Fun! I'm reading The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod right now. The only books I've read on your list is the first Hunger Game, which I didn't enjoy so I didn't continue the series, and Where the Red Fern Grows, which was good. That was for school, though.
Sorry bout your guitar string. :(
And Only Hope is a good song. And I don't like Switchfoot, so the Mandy Moore one is definitely better. But even then, it's definitely not one of my favorites. *shrugs*