Thursday, August 12, 2010

~Alex Rider: Stormbreaker~

-by Anthony Horowitz

The first time I was introduced to this story line and Alex Rider was a couple years ago at my cousins' house when they had us watch the movie. I loved it! I mean, who doesn't love spy movies and cute actors?

I had been meaning to read the book a lot sooner, but I didn't get to finish it until about a week ago. I was very surprised at how much the movie and the book were alike. That was my only problem with it, though. It felt like I had read the book before, even though I had only seen the movie. In my opinion, I thought the movie did a great job, and might even be better than the book. But that is coming from someone who saw the movie first, and then read the book. I can't tell you how it feels from the other way round.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you mean it's like the movie. Sabina isn't even in the first two books.
But I guess since they weren't planning on making any others they "had" to bring her in. But the part she plays in the movie is pretty lame. Like all she does scream. Plus . . . she's kinda ugly.

Maggie DeVries said...

Well I didn't mean EVERYTHING. I meant it was closer to the book than I would have thought. I was expecting the Stormbreaker book to have a different plot than the movie.