Tuesday, April 20, 2010

~The Catcher in the Rye~

-by J.D. Salinger

I was doing research on articles for my English class last night and realized I never told you my opinion on the book. Well, it pretty much stunk for me.

I am guessing the reason the book is talked about so much is because of all the symbolism that was put into it. I still don't understand half of it.

The funniest part was, though, I had to find articles on the book. Like, reviews and such. But there was so much written about it, I couldn't find anything decent! So, I had to spend about half an hour just trying to find the articles...

All I want to say is that you can read the book if you want, but it didn't do much for me.

And that's it. I don't want to get all mad at the book on here. I can do that in my research paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much of a classics person, eh? I totally understand. I haven't read any books that are classics or award-winners that I find amazing (unless The Outsiders counts).

Maggie DeVries said...

Well, I do like some classics. Our school just happens to pick the bad ones to read. Otherwise I would have never picked up the book due to all the reviews about how it was so "naughty".